:D
Posted on: 2004/6/24 19:55
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Rosie
      Rosie

From
Group:
Registered Users
You can leave your camera at home as photographing throughout the exhibit is STRICTLY Prohibited (meaning NOT allowed at the exhibits, at ALL) This is due to keeping the artifacts preserved and also, they have books with photos of the artifacts, so if you want pics buy the book. Aside from the ticket prices, it's how they make their money. If you even try to take photos you will get kicked out. They take stuff such as that very seriously, and considering you're planning on going on opening day then it'll be very busy so they'll be monitoring. And if they don't monitor, they DO have cameras throughout the exhibit so if you try they can come get you and kick you out.

Chances are, this is the same exhibit that was in London at the Science Exhibit in South Kensington last year..
Posted on: 2004/6/24 21:05
  •  nutty_3001
      nutty_3001
Titainc

From manchester U K
Group:
Registered Users
I have look on the the Museum and it dus not say that u can not take
phots nor dunt it stat that in the news papers that u can not take a
camera.

whats taking photos got to do with keeping the artifacts preserved after
all its anly light that take a pic .that got nuthing to do with preserveing them
Posted on: 2004/6/24 21:25
  •  Rosie
      Rosie
Re: Titainc

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:c053a2270e="nutty_3001"]I have look on the the Museum and it dus not say that u can not take
camera.

all its anly light that take a pic .that got nuthing to do with preserveing them[/quote:c053a2270e]

I know from experience, one exhibit I went to they conficated cameras before allowing enterance. I had to leave my camera with my dad.

It's due to the flash, over and over and over it can do damage to the artifacts. That's why a lot of them are under special lighting, as some cant handle regular lights.

Just because it doesn't mention anything about cameras on the paper or the site means they are allowed, normally things like an exhibit with artifacts, it's known that cameras are strictly prohibited. I have been to several exhibits and not ONE have allowed cameras, I don't really see what makes you think this one (which again is probably the same on that was in London, which I went to that one too) would be any different.

I'd bet you if you called up the exhibit and asked if you could take pictures inside the exhibit, they would tell you no. I knew a guy who worked in the London exhibit and I had taken my camera and he said NOT to take pictures as it's not allowed.
Posted on: 2004/6/24 21:45
  •  Rosie
      Rosie
Re: Titainc

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:96281cb4e4="nutty_3001"]I have look on the the Museum and it dus not say that u can not take
camera.

all its anly light that take a pic .that got nuthing to do with preserveing them[/quote:96281cb4e4]

I know from experience, one exhibit I went to they conficated cameras before allowing enterance. I had to leave my camera with my dad.

It's due to the flash, over and over and over it can do damage to the artifacts. That's why a lot of them are under special lighting, as some cant handle regular lights.

Just because it doesn't mention anything about cameras on the paper or the site means they are allowed, normally things like an exhibit with artifacts, it's known that cameras are strictly prohibited. I have been to several exhibits and not ONE have allowed cameras, I don't really see what makes you think this one (which again is probably the same on that was in London, which I went to that one too) would be any different.

I'd bet you if you called up the exhibit and asked if you could take pictures inside the exhibit, they would tell you no. I knew a guy who worked in the London exhibit and I had taken my camera and he said NOT to take pictures as it's not allowed.
Posted on: 2004/6/24 21:46
  •  Rosie
      Rosie

From
Group:
Registered Users
I'll save you a phone call. I wrote the exhibit and got a reply and it's just as I had stated before..

"Unfortunately Photography is not permitted at all in this exhibit. This rule was one of the rules set by Titanic Inc. (who own the exhibition). This is due to the conserving of the exhibits by protecting them from flash photography and also to cover copywrite laws that apply to the exhibit. I will notify the relevant staff to update this information on our website immediately.

Some images from the exhibition are available in the Museum shop."
Posted on: 2004/6/25 11:32
  •  Justin
      Justin

From Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I really would like to go to this, but im i australia, i wish they would have one here
Posted on: 2004/6/25 11:39
  •  nutty_3001
      nutty_3001
Titainc

From manchester U K
Group:
Registered Users
Iv not long got back for seeing the Titanic Artifact in manchester
It was soon cool i love it .
we seen the titanics bell and part of the hull wich i had to put my hand
on . but i love that sume school kids where there wheni was telling them
all about the Titanic .that was so cool and i got a lot out of that .
i got sume Titanic coal, tea set, and a bach whit the white star line on it

we got 2 see

bronze bench-ends
a large cooking pots 2
floor tiles ( that where used in meny areas)
cigarettes,pipe,cig papers,tobacco, an the leather containers.
Glassware,china,silverware
telegraph
wrench
big part of the hull

and meny moor .

if u live in the UK go an see it .
Posted on: 2004/6/25 18:22
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.