Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  CourtneyR.A
      CourtneyR.A
Rebuilding the Titanic

From Virginia
Group:
Registered Users
i heard a rumor that the Titanic will be rebuilt from scratch in 2012 and i was wondering if anyone knew if this was true...

Posted on: 2006/8/7 20:26
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: Rebuilding the Titanic

From Orange, VA (U.S.A.)
Group:
Registered Users
I've heard the same rumor, but truthfully, how many people say they're planning to build a new Titanic and that's all you hear of it?

I heard that the new Titanic was to be ready for its maiden voyage on April 10, 2012. In a way, I think it'd be cool to see a Titanic 2 in time for the centenial celebration of the Titanic disaster, but you also must take peoples' emotions into account. Would a Titanic 2 upset some people? If you lost family on the (old) Titanic, would a new Titanic bring back painful memories?

We should concider their feelings about a Titanic 2, before you even lay the keel! I feel for those, who lost family on Titanic, and Titanic 2, though not the same ship, might not go well with these people.

Let them (and Titanic) rest in peace.
Posted on: 2006/8/7 22:19

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Nah, there has been many people saying this, few even came to this site, theres a few topics on this already, each of which has been shown up as lies, or atleast fantasy. At the moment, theres no serious bid to rebuild Titanic.
Posted on: 2006/8/9 2:06

From Orange, VA (U.S.A.)
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not saying people can't dream. For some, the dream of rebuilding the most famous ship in history (second to Noah's Ark) is all they got going for them. I said it in a different post but here it is again. Ships built today just can't compare with ships built before the first world war. Ships from that time had their own "soul" (if you know what I'm saying). These ships were almost alive, and when one was dismantled, it was like going to a funeral. People would line the docks and piers to say their farewells to the ship. When the Seabourn Legend is retired and dismantled, do you think people would line the dock like they did for Olympic? I don't think so. Not because no one will care, but because the Seabourn Legend is a modern ship. Modern ships don't have that "soul" that Olympic and other pre-WW1 ships had. I'm not saying QM2 is "soulless" but she doesn't have that "Classic Liner Soul". If Titanic was still afloat, what ship would you go on - Titanic or Queen Mary 2? I'm willing to bet you're saying Titanic. Why? Because modern liners can't compare with classic liners. That would be like trying to compare a big, juicy, T-bone steak, with mac and cheese. The same applies here. Modern liners just don't compare with the classics.
Posted on: 2006/8/9 3:10
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with rip 1912. The ships of yesterday did indeed have a soul about them. I think because they were built by hand back then with much more sweat and muscle power, and therefore more "heart" went into them.

As far as the QM2 is concerned, she is beautiful and I would love to sail on her, but indeed, if I had my choice, I would rather go on the Titanic, Mauretania, Normandie, or whatever.

I have to say, I am glad that for the last 10 to 15 years that Cunard is trying to keep with tradition and at least paint their fleet with the traditional colors- white, red, black. I've seen old pictures of the QE2 when her funnel was painted white (I think the hull was painted different too) . The traditional colors make the Cunard's ships still have a traditional feeling, even if it is just a little.
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2006/8/9 3:54

From Titanic's Heart
Group:
Registered Users
i totally agree! i think its great tht ppl r keeping the tradition alive! by the way, cHeck this out: tHERE IS A tITANIC Muesem in Branson,MO & im going there Monday, August 14th! Kool uh!?!

Dedicated to all those lost and saved, that they may rest in peace.
Posted on: 2006/8/9 4:03

From Orange, VA (U.S.A.)
Group:
Registered Users
It sure is cool! I, myself, have been 6 times (at least). I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Posted on: 2006/8/10 2:31

From Titanic's Heart
Group:
Registered Users
thnks 4 the heads up, rip1912! I saw tht u r from Branson, & u have been 2 the muesem 6 times. cool! i hav e strange q: Do u h ave 2 pay 4 parking?

Dedicated to all those lost and saved, that they may rest in peace.
Posted on: 2006/8/10 3:45

From Orange, VA (U.S.A.)
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jacknrose wrote:
thnks 4 the heads up, rip1912! I saw tht u r from Branson, & u have been 2 the muesem 6 times. cool! i hav e strange q: Do u h ave 2 pay 4 parking?

Parkin is free at Titanic (and at most shows, you park and walk in and buy your ticket). Not really a strange question, but a good question. I, myself, live just down the road from Titanic. Infact, I can see the funnels from the parking lot (of where I live). Enjoy the Titanic!
Posted on: 2006/8/11 6:59
  •  #1 Titanic Fan
      #1 Titanic Fan

From
Group:
Registered Users
I dont know. Maybe rebuilding Titanic would be good. I mean it would be so awesome to go on Titanic again. But it still would not be the same. The spirit of Titanic would just be a copy.Comment
Posted on: 2006/8/12 19:20
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.